ISBN 978-1-922452-84-9 HARDBACK
Adelaide: Between the Wars
A stunning collection of maps and rare photographs of Adelaide CBD between WWI and WWII. Between 1924 and 1926 the Fire Underwriters’ Association of South Australia produced a series of detailed maps of the main business district of Adelaide.
In this book, each of these maps are divided into six sections, showing in detail the businesses and dwellings of each street, as well as providing some insight to the architecture and features of each property. To accompany each of these maps, the facing pages show photographs of street scenes, businesses and people from within, or adjacent to, that map.
- Exclusive Limited Edition of 200 copies
- Beautifully curated, written, designed and printed
- Hardback with ribbon bookmark, gloss pages, printed ends, section sewn binding
- Size 420mm x 420 mm (about 1/2 meter square!)
- 72 pages
- 36 giant super detailed heritage maps – focussing on Adelaide CBD streets and laneways.
- Amazing rare historical photographs from the period.
- Collection of business press advertisements referencing the maps.
- Of interest to history buffs, photographers, Adelaideians and anyone interested in Australia’s premier planned city
A remarkable amount of information in amazing detail…